Tuesday, June 10, 2008

here comes the su--...nevermind

I remember the time here when the weather was so hot that I longed to feel cold, perhaps a goose bump or two. Wish granted. The weather here has changed moods and it did it fast. At night time, I pull out my Columbia fleece and flannel PJ's without fail. I feel a little bit like I should grow a fur coat, build up my fat stores and start to hibernate. I’d say I’d describe the rainy season here as a mix between Seattle on crack and monsoon season. (Seattle on lots of crack.) Luckily, I’ve yet to get caught unprepared in the kind of inescapable, pounding rain that seems to rain up as well as down. It’ll be a shock to get back to the hot, sticky North Carolina summer. Yay, 100 degree weather...?

(I think the only reason the top half of my pants wasn't wet is because it was covered by my raincoat. Also: "WATERPROOF" and "GORE-TEX"? Costa Rican rainy season doesn't care, it'll soak you anyway.)


There is an upside to the rainy season. It's a view of the central valley. This was on my walk to school, a brief break from the rain.

I have so much that I could write, but I've only got a little more than week left here so I think time spent here will be better spent soaking up the rest of the semester instead of writin' in this here blog. Surely I'll be having blog-al diarrhea when I get back, so this is not goodbye for good.

No comments: