Wednesday, October 22, 2008

procrastinating but not too much

After getting into the habit of writing in this thing, not having weekend trips or random happenings to chronicle is a wee-bit strange. Because HW is preventing me from procrastinating too much, I'm just posting some pictures from the semester that I never got around to posting. I do miss Costa Rica but won't go into writing anything. School work calls.

Before I go -- another favorite moment --
my friend amanda and i are sitting in one of the buildings on campus, and we see a tico friend. when amanda says goodbye, she combines two popular phrases used to say goodbye:
1. que le vaya muy bien (hope everything goes well for you, roughly translated)
2. que dios le acompane (may god accompany you)

sooo partial phrase 1 + partial phrase 2 = que dios le vaya (i hope god leaves you)

hahaha...
Our last morning walk :(

Part of the route of our morning walk. I don't particularly miss waking up early in the morning to walk, but the conversation was always nice :)

Goodbye party

Dessert for Father's day... I thought this dessert was already pretty intense without the chocolate sticks in the ice cream, but yes, my host mom had to go there.

Rice krispy treats I made for Father's Day for my host dad. my host family looooved them and my host mom had to hide them so my host dad wouldn't eat them all. after looking for a while, he found them and ate them all, proclaiming it his right as it was for father's day.


I made a goodbye din din for my host fam, they wanted comida china.

My attempt at comida china / not really because the chicken is teriyaki and the cucumber salad is japanese but whatever-- if there's one thing i learned in costa rica, it's that all asians are the same.

Mango lime cream pie for host fam dinner!

My host mom taught me how to make tortilla de queso and patacones (fried plantains). Yum.


Surprisingly, I don't miss Costa Rican food. I haven't craved it at all, not because it wasn't good, because I had a lot of good food. I guess I am excited to have some chinky food.

1 comment:

Sander B. said...

mmmmmm patacones, I on the other hand, do miss Costa Rican food since I am eating from the dining halls...